Please take a moment to read through our terms of booking.
1. We need room to play. We need space to hold our instruments, and additional room for our music stands, and free space to move our bows back and fore. The quartet will require a performing space of at least 7' x 5' and four armless flat seated chairs. At least one chair needs to be flat seated for the cellist.
2. The quartet is only able to play outside in the shade or under cover.
3. Reasonable lighting is required to read our music.
4. During the specified time the quartet may take short breaks (which normally will not exceed 15 minutes in total).
5. If the event is cancelled with less than 6 calendar months notice, the full fee will be invoiced.
6. If, during the course of the event, the quartet is not required for any significant length of time, please ensure that we have been informed. The fee for non-playing time is £40 per hour or pro-rata.
7. The quartet may not appear as advertised in the case of illness or injury, but suitable replacement players are guaranteed.
8. Unless prior arrangements have been made between the quartet and the client, the balance of payment is expected no later than the date of the engagement. Cheques should be made payable to The String Quartet Company. A deposit of 25% will secure your booking. This is non-refundable. A booking is confirmed by returning a signed contract along with the deposit. The receipt of this will be acknowledged.
9. Music can be selected from our repertoire list. Our arrangement service is normally free of charge for one single piece of music.
10. If any special attire and/or repertoire is required please ensure that sufficient notice is given.
11. Alternative telephone numbers in case of something urgent :-
Trevor - 078 778 12985
Helen - 029 20 515423
12. It is the sole responsibility of the client to inform the venue that live music will be performed during the event.
13. The client will have no recourse to The String Quartet Company in the event of 'Acts of God' preventing or disrupting a performance.